-or- How to Waste Entire Days Online! Daily rants, ramblings, and incoherent thoughts barely gelled to make complete sentences. Some sentences might not even have a verb! If you find this site useful or even entertaining it was completely by chance.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Self Imposed Exile

So I live with my brother and this weekend his girlfriend came to visit. Until now, he's been going to see her and stay at her place, which gives me the house to myself so I like that just fine. I feel like I should give them their privacy so I volunteered to stay at a friends, to which my brother replied: "There's no need to do that. This is going to be a regular thing, so get used to it!" Not a direct quote, but pretty close. It's not like I was standing there with a steno pad or anything.

Anyway, I spent the weekend holed up in my room or the side room where my computer is. Besides giving them their privacy, another reason I isolated myself is so I wouldn't have any info when getting the third degree from our mom about what all went on! Oh, just so you know, my brothers girlfriend is also friends with our mom and grandmother, who have been trying to get one of us to date her for years. Even before they were dating, we'd see her just about any time we visited our mom, to whom she's been a good friend. They (mom and grandmother) finally backed off, so naturally thats when things sorta clicked for them (brother and his girlfriend).

The thing is, my brother is a very nice guy. He's dated, but not much, and it wouldn't surprise me if he were the big V - although I hope theres been a change in status. I think other people have the same impression because his love life is the talk of the town and I'm always getting hit up to spread the dirt. Also, his girlfriend is very attractive, and apparently when people see her picture or meet her for the first time they're somewhat shocked. Now there's a nice vote of confidence from your friends!

On the upside though, my brother has always been moms favorite. Since he's driven to her town for whole weekends without seeing her, I've moved up to the coveted No. 1 position without doing a thing! However, if this results in marriage and/or grandkids, I imagine my descent will be equally remarkable!

No comments: