-or- How to Waste Entire Days Online! Daily rants, ramblings, and incoherent thoughts barely gelled to make complete sentences. Some sentences might not even have a verb! If you find this site useful or even entertaining it was completely by chance.

Thursday, March 1, 2007

A Little 'Bout Little 'Ol Me

I've been playing around with creating some sites and found that I needed one that didn't fit a certain mold or theme; one where I could post random rants or links that I wanted.

Additionally, you'll notice some AdSense advertising laying around. I figure if you're going to have a site then what harm does it do to try to monetize it a bit. I don't expect these links to make me rich, but a few pennies a day will add up to that first check. Likewise, you'll notice my AGLOCO banner at the bottom. It doesn't cost anything to join, so why not make some extra money while you're surfing the web.

If you're wondering about the sites name, it isn't that it's going to deal primarily with conservation, or how we're wrecking the environment, but knowing me as well as I do, I'm sure quite a few posts will concern these issues. No, I accidentally coined this phrase on the ride from Islip to East Hampton. It was my first time visiting the area where my good friends live and I was inquiring about a stretch of woodlands that apparently had been decimated by fire and gypsy moth infestation. My friends got a kick out of the phrase, and I liked the sound of it and knew I wanted to use it at some point of time. It'd be a great name for a bar but you'd be inviting narcotics officers to set up permanent residence.

Granted, if you're doing nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about. But having worked in many bars for many years I've come to realize you can't watch everything at all times. When you turn your back, someone you've served for years is going to get it in their head that they can do something extremely stupid. I love bartending, but it can be a hassle (seriously, why do you think people tell their troubles to their bartender? It's because we have seen EVERYTHING!), so I've decided to only do it for myself. That is, no more busting my hump to make money for someone else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy reading your blog.